Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Introducing myself

My name is Tanya and I am in my second year of Bachelor of Learning Management (early childhood). I am in the 3year course as I have previously attained my Diploma in Children's Services. I am married with a seven year old daughter, whom I think knows more about the computer than I do. I am enjoying this course as I believe that you have to keep up with the times and at the moment the main focus seems to be technology. I was helping out just yesterday in my daughters maths groups and they were broken up into small groups. I was in charge of the children in the computer room. They happily all logged on, entered passwords and entered the correct maths games site. The first two groups decided that the particular task given was too easy and requested something harder. These children are 7 and 8 years old!!! They just "blew me away". The other group was in the classroom doing a adding game on the interactive white board "darts". After this session seeing all the technology that was being used in just this one hour made me really determined to grasp technology so that I am competent enough to use it in the classroom. I would also like to say that these children were learning maths and were enjoying it too!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,

    I'm glad that you are excited about learning about technology. I think technology is exciting as it offers so many possibilities for education.
    Good luck with it,
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya, I think you're right when you say we need to have a good grasp on technology. We need to keep up with the kids and if possible try and stay one step ahead of them :)

    ReplyDelete